A person that I admire

It is difficult to think of a single person that I admire, but I think I will put in this case Audre Geraldine Lorde, she was a woman I met recently by the social networks but I feel that in his fight graphic many of the causes that I would like to work in a future , is an interesting historiographic person to analyze. She was an african-american writer, feminist, lesbian and civil rights activist, born in 1934 in New York, studying literature and philosophy, suffering during his adolescence the homophobia of society. Then he gets a master's in library at Columbia and marries with a man, has two daughters with him and then divorces. She holds a constant fight against racism, patriarchy and oppression heteronormative. He had cancer of mom and liver cancer and died in 1992 in Saint Croix where he lived with his partner Gloria. Before he died, Lorde took the name of Gamba Adisa, which means: "warrior: the one that is made understand."
I like so much work with invisible characters on social topics, I think we make them more present in the history that is not counted. 

Comentarios

  1. Oh wow, it sounds like a great woman, when we see each other you should tell me more about her!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow, I didn't know her, but reading your post she seems a very interesting woman! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Rocio! What an interesting woman! Now that I will have more free time I will read more about it :)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My favourite movie

Dream of child